Date: 16th Feb 2021
Time: 12.00 am to 1:00 pm
Conducted by:SBPCOAD (Honourable Principal-Dr.Mahendra Sonawane)
Faculty In charge:Ar. Madhura Merukar (Associate Professor), Ar. Rutusha Laddha (Assistant Professor)
Attended by:All faculties in SBPCOAD
Energizing spaces through motivational creative work contributing towards encouragement, team building and active environment creation by students and faculties within the Institute. Students work is displayed as an appreciation and reward to their efforts towards academics.
Art gallery area was identified in the building by Principal Sir which was further organised by faculty in charge to complete the activity in all respects along with material provision, time slot, group formation and work allocation.
Sequence of activities held:
1. There was a monitoring round by Principal Sir with ambience department in charge on second floor near Staff room. It was observed that the old painted walls and the display of students work models pasted on walls were difficult to replace and clean every year. As a result, the decision of installing shelves on these walls and replacement of latest work done by students could be done easily. This could be a space creation of an Art Gallery which could be then connected to exhibitions held in the college.
2. An approval note for sanctioning the budget including material procurement, labour charges, carpenter approval and activity regarding the same was initiated and completed.
3. The activity started with cleaning, scrapping and removing previous displays on walls and make them ready with white wash for new architectural graphics and shelf designs.
4. Notice for wall areas allocation to the respective facilities and their student’s team was initiated to start the desiging process for architectural graphics with shelf design respectively.
5. Requirements, details, deadlines and schedule with reference to respective walls included in Art gallery were provided by the faculty in charge to the faculties. Wall Designs with shelves were submitted by the concerned in charge.
6. Schedule of three consecutive working days were provided for the said activity which were 5th Feb 2021,8th Feb 2021 and 9th Feb 2021.All the faculty-in charge ,student volunteers ,carpenter and admin representative were involved in the activity continuously for three days to make it successful.
Concept: Journey towards excellence: presence of eminent architects and stalwarts: events in SBPCOAD with projector screen display in the centre.
Concept: budding Architect - journey of an Architecture Student
Concept: Becoming an Arcreature engrossed in the world of Abstracts
Concept: Basic design - Elements of composition and principles of design
Concept: Master Architects
Concept: Save Environment: sustainability an unavoidable aspect to survive for mankind
Concept: Architecture to Interiors: sciography penetration
7. All the walls were painted with a concept of “Journey towards Architecture” from student to becoming a Master Architect was emerged as an output of this whole activity with due respect to Environment.Student’s valued work outputs in the form of 3D models from first year to final year were displayed on the wall shelves and the gallery was completed.
8. Finally Inauguration ceremony was organised and honourable Trustee members were invited on 16th Feb 2021, after completion for the commencement of “ART GALLERY”
9. Invitation poster was prepared for the event
Report Prepared by
Ar. Madhura Merukar