Day and date: 04th June 2021
Time: 11.00 am onwards
Conducted by: Research-Guest Lecture-SBPCOAD
Attended by: 19 SBPCOAD Faculties
1. To understand what is research
2. To know about various journals and citation reports
3. How to use internet at our best
4. Available scholarships for higher education
Brief about the event: Guest Speaker Dr. Arati Petkaris an academician and dedicated researcher in field of Architecture. She is currently associated with College of Engineering, Pune. Dr. Petkar has published more than 35 papers on diverse topics in architecture. She has an experience in teaching in bachelors and masters architectural course in various colleges and imparting knowledge through faculty development prgrams.
Dr. Arati was invited to SBPCOAD to present work on 'Research In Architecture' to enlighten and encourage all the faculties to conducted more research.
In the presentation Dr. Arati Covered below mentioned topics of research.
• Defining research
• Steps of scientific research
• Some definitions
• Impact factor
• Journal, citation report
• Different publishers and journals
• Finding conference for research work
• Use of internet
• Scholarship from higher education
Faculties received a clear insight about how to begin with research and how to develop the topic from scratch.
Also, Dr. Arati guided the faculties with sharing information about various publishing journals where architecture is main topic.